Thursday 17 March 2016

Sweet potato, zucchini & feta mini muffins

Found this delight on Facebook. I was scrolling through my newsfeed and my gorgeous friend L, who sadly isn't well, reposted this recipe from the Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery page. The good news is that I don't think you have to wait until you're having weight loss surgery to eat them. I quietly believe that if you eat healthy snacks like this, you probably will never need to have weight loss surgery.

I'm more savoury than sweet when it comes to treats (cheese platter anyone?) so this sort of snack is right up my unblocked heart valve. 

I haven't cooked this yet, only just saw it, but the ingredients looks super simple and I think we're all smart enough to adjust as needed. 

Happy weekend x 

Makes 30 mini muffins

1 medium sweet potato, grated
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium red onion, grated
½ cup cheese, grated
100g feta, crumbled
⅓ cup spelt or wholemeal flour
4 eggs

Combine all ingredients and spoon into mini muffin trays (tip, use silicon trays to stop muffins sticking).

Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.

Freezes well.

Here's something I try not give out, nutrition information
Per 2 muffins: 70cals, 4.5g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat

At that price, you can have four!